Tuesday 15 March 2011

Now I need to add type to the poster, so ive done some research into typography and the different ways people have used it. Alot of these examples ive used I have done almost the same type of thing in my sketchbook. I particularly like cutting the type out of the paper leaving a stencil, stencils are great for making a piece of type look look different in many ways. You can paint onto the stencil, use ink, pen oil pastels and you can also use the stencil itself as the type and put something behind it like a print or a photo.


This is one that has been cut out and ive done this a few times, its a simple and effective method. I like how this one is 3d and the cut outs have been used with the stencil instead of being thrown away.



This piece looks like it may have been done with a stencil and then ink has been splattered around the neat type giving it this look which ive often done and I think it looks great.

I think this may have just been drawn straight onto the paper but it looks like it has been sewn on. Ive done some sewing in the obs and comms project and I also used it in my final piece and it looks great, so I could use the same type of method for this piece because I like using textiles.


At first I thought that this was a stencil but its actually photos of buildings from below and the  shapes of the buildings have created a letter which looks great, I can imagine this taking a long time to find buildings that are layed out like this but it really looks great. I really could have used this method in my last project because it was about architecture.

Now that I have done this research I've come to the conclusion that I want to use a stencil for the final poster design. I may paint on the stencil or just use the stencil itself. Now I need to find a font that I want to use which I wont find very hard. I need a type that goes well with my swirly cone shape sculpture, so I need a swirly font.

No comments:

Post a Comment