Monday 14 March 2011

Ive now made my final sculpture and I've taken some experimental photos of the piece. To set up the photo area I used black paper against my bedroom wall and used a bedroom lamp to light up the sculpture.


I like the angle of this photo but unfortunatly you can see the crease in the paper, so if i wanted to use this I would have to put the photo on photoshop and erase the the crease.


I love the lighting on this piece but its a bit to bright at the front and you cant really see the detail of the cones, so I need to either move the light further back or put a light piece of paper infront of the light to dim it. But I do like how the light gives a big shadow behind it.


I really like this photo because it really shows the detail of the cones but its not very bright and I dont like how one side is bright and the other is a lot darker. I think what I'm going to do next is add a light to the back of the sculpture so that the light shines through the cones making it look like a lamp shade. I also noticed when I look through the back and close one eye it gives a honey comb effect but when I tried to take a photo of it it didnt work because the holes are too small for the camera.

I really like how this has come out but id like it to be a bit brighter but trying different angles just didnt seem to work and the light I had wasnt bright enough for the effect I wanted.

This isnt a very good photo but its an example of the fact I couldnt get it bright enough but I still like the idea and think I could make it look a lot better if I had a stronger light and different surroundings.


No comments:

Post a Comment