Thursday 3 March 2011



Heres some more experiments I have done at home. I came up with this method when experimenting with simply folding and pleating paper into a fan like form and the more I folded this piece it started to go round and form into a spiral shape. When I streched it out and placed it down it crinkled into this shape which i think looks very effective and gives great shadows. I then held it up to see how it looked and this also was an effective experiment. But I'm not sure where else I could go with this idea I suppose I could make a few more like this but in different sizes and see how well they fit together, or I could make a very big one and see how that works out.





Heres some primary research on spiral forms that may inspire me to think more about what I could do with this form. I've always loved the art nouveau movement, and particularly the architectural side. I love flowers and nature and art nouveau is very swirly and inspired by nature. Ive always loved this staircase done by Belgum architect Victor Horta.


Now I've looked at this staircase its made me think about what I want to do for the poster design. I love the intrequite patterns and swirls in art nouveau pieces and I particularly like the artist Alphonse Mucha. The borders around the posters are exactly what I'm thinking of using and I could also use some of the folded paper patterns ive experimented with, I could even use the spiral staircase as a pop up on the poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment